An Update From Lee (#12)
Lee Robinson / December 30, 2019
2 min read
2019 was arguably my best year to date, both professionally and personally. This was the second year I set detailed yearly goals and held myself accountable for reaching them. Overall, I met 90% of my goals.
- 💍 Got engaged!
- 🏡 Bought a townhome with my fiancée
- 🚀 Promoted to Software Engineer III
- 📈 Gained >100 newsletter subscribers
- 📚 Wrote 24 articles which amassed over 150,000 views
- 🎤 Spoke in front of >100 people at a conference in Seattle
To read my full review and see my goals for 2020, check out my latest blog post.
Since my last update, I've written 6 new articles 😍
- Why I Switched from CircleCI to GitHub Actions
- Backpacking Italy
- GraphQL at Hy-Vee
- Why Should You Learn Next.js?
- Create a Newsletter with Next.js API Routes and Mailchimp
- Next.js vs. Gatsby vs. Create React App
I've also launched a 50+ lesson video course on Next.js & React called Mastering Next.js 🎉
I've been following other Indie Makers / Course Creators and have watched how they roll out new products and services. That led me to launch Mastering Next.js without all the content finished. Instead, I opted for a pre-order option. This helped me validate my idea and demonstrate there's a market for the course. It's already paid off - Mastering Next.js has ~$1500 pre-launch revenue 💸
You can view the first introduction module for free.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Get emails from me about web development, tech, and early access to new articles.
- subscribers – 31 issues