An Update From Lee (#11)
Lee Robinson / September 15, 2019
2 min read
September has been a busy month. I spoke at three events about how to build a component library with a monorepo.
Miss the talks? You're in luck! You can view the slides here. Since the last update, I've written three articles.
- Why I Switched from CircleCI to GitHub Actions
- Real-Time Blog Post Views with React and Firebase
- Everything I Know About Style Guides, Design Systems, and Component Libraries
I've been blown away by the reception 😲
My design systems post blew up on Reddit and even managed to snag a retweet from IBM Design and Storybook. It's now my most viewed blog post ever!
I also decided to switch my newsletter from TinyLetter to MailChimp.
At the start, TinyLetter was easier. It allowed me to get off the ground faster without having to set up an API endpoint. However, the extra dialog pop-up window to confirm your email address wasn't the greatest experience. Plus, TinyLetter's email editor is horrid. I'm trying to avoid paying for a service for now.
So, we'll see how MailChimp works out!
Articles I've Enjoyed#
- Frontend Design, React, and a Bridge Over the Great Divide
- How using component-based design helps us build faster
Subscribe to the newsletter
Get emails from me about web development, tech, and early access to new articles.